Race the Train will be held on Saturday 16 March 2019.
The event provides cyclists with the opportunity to race alongside the historic Victorian Goldfields Railway (VGR) steam train between Castlemaine and Maldon
The race will travel along the dirt tracks and trails that run alongside or in close proximity to the historic broad gauge train line that connects Castlemaine and Maldon.
Please note: this is an OFF-ROAD ride on dirt tracks. Only 10% of the course is on sealed roads.
The event aims to:
- showcase the Victorian Goldfields Railway;
- introduce cyclists to the off-road connectivity between Castlemaine and Maldon;
- encourage cycle tourism to the Central Victorian Goldfields;
- provide a participation event for cyclists of all abilities;
- promote sustainable transport modes;
- boast a point of difference (challenge of beating the train) for 'Race' entrants.