The following race rules will apply to all Race entrants. These rules may be added to before the start of the race.
- The event is an MTBA affiliated event. As such all riders must hold a current MTBA license or buy a MTBA day license during the online entry process;
- Riders must present their MTBA license at registration in order to receive their race number. No licence = No Number = No Race;
- Race numbers must be attached to the handle bars and clearly visible;
- It is a requirement that all riders wear a helmet at all times, including warming up, and around the start and finish areas.
- Helmets must be approved to Australian Standards AS/NZS 2063;
- Riders must obey the directions of event organisers and marshals at all times;
- Train has priority at railway crossing points. Riders must stop if instructed to do so by crossing marshals.
- Riders must obey the Australian Road Rules as all roads are open to traffic. Failure to do so will result in disqualification from the event;
- All riders must attend the pre-race briefing;
- Riders must obey all course directions and are responsible for following the designated course.
- Failing to complete the whole course (ie taking shortcuts) will result in the rider being disqualified.
- All riders must behave in a sporting manner. This includes not using abusive language or behaviour toward other riders and marshals, and allowing faster riders to overtake when safe to do so;
- Littering will result in disqualification from the event;
- If a rider withdraws for any reason they must notify a marshal as soon as practicable;
- Riders should render all possible assistance to any participant who is in distress or danger;
- In the event of injury or accident riders must stop to assist an injured rider;
- Neutral support will not be present. Participants must carry the necessary equipment and skills required to be self-sufficient mechanically during the race.
- The event director has the right to call off the race either before or during for any reason relating to rider safety;
This race information may change at any time. Changes will be posted on this website as soon as practicable and communicated in the pre-event briefing newsletter.