Preparation is key to ensuring an enjoyable day on the bike. All participants are encouraged to give their bike the ‘once-over’ to ensure it is in good working order before the event.
Key things to check:
- Tyre pressure (approx. 30psi recommended)
- Chain lubrication
- Tighten all nuts and bolts
If in doubt, drop into your local bike shop for a service before the event.
What to Bring
- Bike (mountain bike or bike with minimum tyre width of 28mm)
- Australian Standards approved helmet (compulsory)
- Spares (tube, pump, tyre levers, puncture repair kit etc)
- Water bottle or hydration pack
- Food / Snack
- Sunscreen, insect repellent
What to Wear
Riders are encouraged to observe the forecast conditions and dress appropriately.
- Special bike riding shorts are recommended for added comfort.
- Eye Protection (dusty tracks & lots of riders can flick fine dust into your eyes)
- Bike riding gloves offer padded protection and assist with gripping the handlebars.